December 18, 2015

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Hello CMFers,

Since the boys had their day in the sun (rain, if you were in Vancouver) last week, I thought it was only fair to balance it out with these three ladies this week. So get ready for lots of clear, twangy, pretty vocals and stuff.

The First: Want It All by Cam


That twang. Also, that hair. Both things I seriously envy about good ol' Cam.
This lovely lady released her first record last week and it's a good one, as promised by her single My Mistake.
She also is still super into yellow. I respect a woman with this degree of commitment.


The Second: Shut Up And Fish by Maddie & Tae


I mostly just think this song is funny and extraordinarily catchy.
But I am also now going to have to remember "madder than a hornet in an old coke can" for future use because that just paints a very clear picture of someone who is quite perturbed.


The Third and Final: I Wish I Was by Maren Morris


I'm calling this bluesy country, which I'm really loving for the record. It combines two of my three favourite genres of music: country and jazz. The third genre on my list is musical theatre, which I assume would be a tricky combo attempt, outside of Annie Get Your Gun and Oklahoma!.


Finally, you get a bonus this week because Justin Timberlake and Chris Stapleton did this a month ago. ("Anyone born after 1997 thinks Justin Timberlake is an okay actor who is just now breaking into the music industry." - a hilarious thing I once read on Instagram).

Thanks for listening,!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment