July 31, 2015

You thought I forgot but GUESS WHAT? I didn’t.

I was just super tired, that’s all. Hence this post being a tad bit late. Who knew I could sleep for 13 hours straight? I sure didn’t. But now I’m perfectly poised to fully enjoy this long weekend before we all get back into the August rush* to get things ready for back to school. So let’s make the most of it, okay?

The First: Here Goes Everything by Petric


Let me tell you how many times I’ve had to explain this band name as “Metric but with a ‘P’” in this last week. I think four times. So not actually that many now that I think about it… Moving along, I think these Canadian boys are trying to be the next High Valley before High Valley even really has their day in the sun. Looking forward to how this Canadian battle plays out. Please note that I chose the acoustic version here because I just love a good acoustic performance.


The Second: Gonna by Blake Shelton


I can’t tell you how happy I am to usher in another Blake Shelton song right now. I was not a fan of his last single, Sangria, and so I’m really looking forward to hearing something different on the radio for a while. And this one is so good! Well done, Blake. Well done.


The Third and Final: Buy Me A Boat by Chris Janson


Okay. So this is the fifth song I’ve chosen for this last selection. Apparently I become very indecisive after an extended nap. But I’m going with Chris Janson and that’s the end of it! (< that statement was more for me than anyone else.) To me, Chris Janson is one of the funniest guys in country music. This is based purely on the fact that I find his dance moves wonderfully goofy paired with the fact that his guitar always looks too big for him and he doesn’t seem to care about any of it. Many CMFs ago I selected this song by Chris, which I think it supports my argument pretty well.

Have a fantastic long weekend! Mine will be filled with friends (including my close personal friend, TSwift), some beach time, and hopefully a patio or two.

Thanks for listening and I promise to be back in your inbox next Friday morning!
Karla

*August Rush is an excellent film.


Find me and the CMF playlist on Spotify @karcarr8.

No comments:

Post a Comment