April 10, 2015

The Return

WELL HELLO COUNTRY MUSIC FRIDAY LISTENERS! Did you miss me?

So, it’s been a little over a week* since my last CMF**, and I was specifically requested to share one this week, so here we go!

The First: My Mistake by Cam


That harmony in the beginning! Her crystal clear and twangy voice! Here’s a fun fact I’ve learned about Cam from doing my intense research (read: watching youtube videos) for this issue of CMF: She’s really into yellow! In every shot I’ve seen of her she’s wearing yellow. Yellow dress. Yellow skirt. Yellow shirt paired with yellow pumps. I presume it is her “thing”. Eric Church has his ball cap and sunnies. Taylor Swift has her cats. Cam has her yellow ensembles. If you’ve just fallen in love with Cam and all her yellow, here is a bonus track for you called Half Broke Heart.


The Second: Lay Low by Josh Turner aka The Best Looking Guy in Country Music


I want a cabin on a lake.
I also want the warmth and sunshine of summer and the beautiful colours of autumn that magically seem to be happening concurrently in this video.
Finally, I want Josh Turner to just be around me singing all the time while I stare at his perfect face.
Life goals, I suppose.


The Third and Final: Homegrown by Zac Brown Band


Even though this song has been out for a while now, you know I just can’t pass up an opportunity to display my love and adoration for the musical talents of Zac Brown and his crew. They. Are. So. Talented! Homegrown is wonderfully catchy, warm, and perfectly idealistic. Classic ZBB if you ask me.

*My friend Lawrence likes to use the term “a little over a week” for any period of time longer than one week. Examples: twelve days, two months, 476 days. It didn’t matter to him. What a maverick. So, even though it’s been over a year since my last CMF, I felt that this term was perhaps still applicable and kind of downplays how long it has actually been.

** I am so sorry it has been this long. Please accept this as my attempt for a resurgence of weekly country music roundups in your life.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment